This week was the deadline for food companies to meet more stringent criteria limiting added sugar, sodium, total calories and raising minimum dietary fiber requirements for foods bearing the American Heart Association’s Heart-Check mark. AHA formulates and periodically revises its own Heart-Check criteria for different food categories based on sound […]
- Butternut squash pasta takes advantage of fall produce
- Statistical models used in determining flu numbers each year
- STORIES FROM THE HEART: Amazing series of events helped Gene beat the odds – again
- Shannon Cockrell’s daughter has been her Why since the day she was born
- Patients counseled on genetic heart disease risk feel they have more control over fate
Find us on Facebook
75 View on Facebook
American Heart AssociationNovember 26th, 2014 at 2:00am
"I enjoy working for the American Heart Association because it’s an organization that helps reduce the risk of strokes and...
181 2 25 View on Facebook
123 4 View on Facebook
American Heart AssociationNovember 25th, 2014 at 8:23pm
Watch heart patient Laura Bell Bundy petition the medical community to find better ways to detect, treat & repair Ventricular...
Laura Bell Bundy speaks on the hole in her heart
Doctors found that Laura Bell Bundy had a hole in her heart when she was just 6 weeks old and diagnosed her with Ventricular Septal Defect. Today, she petiti...